Pros and Cons of Health Care Reform
Health care has been one of the hottest topics these days ever since the ObamaCare was signed into law. There are others who understood and agreed to the reforms that have been implemented, but a huge number of citizens are still against it. There have been so many debates about these so it is important that you all understand what is going on exactly.
Arguments against Health Care Reform
Many citizens of the United States of America do not think that the recently announced health care reform is not a good idea. Here are some of their arguments about it:
- It forces you to spend at most 8% of your earnings to a corporation that offers health care policies whether you like it or not.
- If you invoke your freedom to not get the insurance policy, the IRS is going to make you pay up to 2% of your income per year because of ObamaCare Tax.
- A lot of people will be forced to purchase health care policies of low quality, which they would end up not using at all.
- This reform puts a big restriction on a woman’s freedom of choice.
- Since employers are forced to provide health care policies to their employees, there is a possibility that benefits and increases will be cut back.
- Many Americans may have paid for the bill beginning now, but they would not be able to feel its benefits unless they have a pre-existing condition.
- This gives companies the right to charge older people 300% than the rest.
- This law grants drug companies the power to monopolize generic versions of biotech drugs from ever landing on the market.
- Every year, the price of medical health insurance will always rise.
Health Care Reform Exchanges
ObamaCare is expected to aid in the increase of access to health care policies to many people. Most people receive health insurance through their employers. However, there are still citizens who do not have this luxury so as an alternative; they can purchase a health care policy directly to health insurers. Health care reform exchanges are new and easy to follow.
There have been so many issues surrounding ObamaCare. Here are some of the biggest problems with this law:
- The media do not believe President Obama anymore and stopped taking whatever he says seriously.
- Young people are least likely to agree with ObamaCare’s main aim.
- Most people are not really sure if they are insured or not.
- There are a lot of concerns with regards to security.
- You cannot seem to escape from ObamaCare unless you flee the country.
When Does ObamaCare Start?
ObamaCare has been opened for enrollment since October 1, 2013. The deadline for enrollment is on March 31, 2014.
A lot of people have decided to just work with the government by following the recent reforms in terms of health care. However, there are still those who are fighting against it. In this what seems to be a never ending debate, which side are you on?
See Also Universal Health Care in Different Countries: