Oklahoma’s Medicaid Program, SoonerCare
If you are from Oklahoma, then you are most probably already familiar with SoonerCare. SoonerCare Choice is a PCCM (Primary Care Case Management) program in which all of the members are provided with a medical home. It is up to the SoonerCare providers of the medical home to collaborate with the health care services for Oklahomans that passed the qualifications.
Why Apply For SoonerCare?
True, this question is something that you should ask. Why apply for SoonerCare when there are also other health care programs available? One main reason for this is because SoonerCare covers a wide range of healthcare services. Here are some of the benefits you could get from SoonerCare insurance:
- Adults who are living in nursing facilities could get a denture.
- Radiation therapy and chemotherapy
- Rehabilitation for those who want to quit smoking
- Renal dialysis and other clinical services
- Services that involve behavioral health
- Services that requires ambulatory surgery
- Health services at home
- X-ray and laboratory services
- Services for patients who are admitted in the hospital
- ICF-MR (Intermediate Care Facilities for the Mentally Retarded)
- Equipment and medical supplies (supplies for diabetic people are included)
- Services for the people who are suffering from poor mental health and substance abuse
- Ultrasound and nurse midwife services
- Services that involve personal care
- Dental services from SoonerCare dentists
Here are some of the additional services that are exclusively for children:
- Screenings for child health
- Hearing aids
- Immunization shots
- Occupational and physical therapy
- Services for kids who have trouble in language, hearing, and speech
- Optical or optometric services like eyeglasses
Do you want to apply for SoonerCare? Before you sweat yourself up with all the application steps and requirements, you have to first make sure that you are qualified for this program.
- Resident of Oklahoma
- You must be able to meet the standards of income.
- People who have kids that are under the age of 19
- Children who are at most 19 years old
- Women who are pregnant
- Senior citizens who are at least 65 years old
- People who are blind or have any disability
- Women who are under the age of 65 and badly need treatment for cervical or breast cancer
- Ladies and gentlemen who are older than 19 and need help with family planning could apply for SoonerPlan.
SoonerCare Online Application
There are many ways for you to apply for SoonerCare but you have to admit, with the advancement of technology, submitting things online is highly convenient and easy. Before applying, check on the okhca.org page and see if you have all the information that they would need. You can get the application on the same site and fill it up. However, to be able to submit it successfully, you will be required to create an account; you can do this as soon as you start with your application process.
If you still do not have a health insurance policy, go and apply for SoonerCare right away. Getting this medical program could be the best decision you ever did for you and your family.